The oryginal article here>>
ASM120 made by ProDevice is an automatic degausser generating magnetic field of 11,000 gauss.
It guarantees safe and effective data removal from even highly coercive data storage devices. It can be used both in the case of removing data from functional and damaged magnetic tapes and disks.
Simply insert the data storage device into the degausser slot. After less than a minute the data are automatically and irrevocably erased by removing all records on the magnetic layer of the device.
No degausser had previously implemented PPMS technology (Pre-Paid Management System), that enable:
- charge the device remotely for a specified number of data removal cycles
- program the permitted number of data erasing cycles, beyond which it is automatically locked
Customer can also rent machine: degausser is rented and programmed with a pre-defined volume of data destruction units and the renting company (using a special application) at any time can recharge the degausser for an additional, specified number storage device erasing cycles.
Thus the user may decide as for the total number of demagnetized cassettes or disks. Additionally, they can carry out the data removal process independently, in any place and at any time. All of this allows to avoid the complex procedures often associated with admitting access to an outside data removal company.
Storage media suitable for demagnetization:
- HDD disks: 2.5- and 3.5-inch
- carrier (disks from disk arrays with enclosure)
- streamer tapes: LTO-1 to LTO-5, DLT, SDLT, DDS, DAT, AIT, Travan, SLR, QIC, 3592, 3590E, 3490E 3480, 9840, 9940, T10K, VHS
- floppy disks, audio and video cassettes
You could also buy degausser with dedicated ProDevice ASM 120 case.
- Storage device maximum size: 200 x 120 x 50mm
- Magnetic Field: 1,1T = 11 000 gauss
- Data removal cycle: 30s / media
- Power supply: 115V, 230V / 50Hz, 60Hz
- LCD display: Yes
- TCP/IP interface (communication with the software tools): Yes
- Dimensions: 200mm (H) x 465mm (W) x 325mm (D)
- Weight: 30kg
- Warranty: two years